So my understanding is that we had a new writer for this episode, and if so, they performed excellently. All the characters were brilliant, the pacing was great, it was just a great episode. I think my favorite part was when Rarity had been covered by the screen, and she just completely checked out. Twilight finds her crying under a silk drape, gone to her happy place, and it was just so cute and so sad. Maaaaan, I hope the rest of the season is this good, I don’t know what I’d do with it if it were.
Edit: Not an hour after posting, I learned how to use text cuts to create effective spoiler blocks. I’ll be doing this from now on, I reckon.
This week, The Canterlot Academy of Music achieved 1000 followers. I know I had certain objectives when I began this project back in July of 2012, but I also know that the results I have seen instead far exceed what I might have hoped for.
Thank you to everyone who has followed the Academy, thank you to every who has asked questions and helped to push the story forward, thank you to every who has reassured me when I have had to go on breaks or failed to make an update. Your support is what makes this endeavor worth every page. I hope you stay tuned for what is yet to come, because I’ve got plans aplenty.
A Making-Of video can be found here. It is my intention to do more process videos in the future.
Esuka, Dean of Undergraduate Students, CAoM
I was not really sure what to expect going into season 4. With the rather uneasy ending of season 3 (due more to fuss from the community than actual issues of quality) and Equestria Girls, it remained to be seen where the new season would start off and where it would take us.
THAT PREMIERE WAS AWESOME.
I look forward to what this season has in store, and I think starting off by hitting on the questions everyone has is a sign that the team knows what they have to do. I think everything is not going to be fine; I think it’s going to be great.
MLP:FiM is (c) Hasbro
See you all for Season 4.
We’re almost to the start of Season 4! Who’d have thought it, huh? But it’s here, and that means that, once again, I’ll be doing a “Thing-an-Episode” every week. This was a lot of (taxing) fun last season, so as much as I don’t look forward to the hours, I think it will be worth it. Though it is not related to the Academy, I thought I would go ahead and post these weekly drawings on here as well as on my mod blog.
There is a downside to this, of course. I know many people are very sensitive about spoilers, and having them pop up on your tumblr feed can be a frustrating thing. However, I do not know of a way to set a preview image, so as much as I would like to cover them up, I don’t see a means to. I apologize in advance if this accidentally spoils something for someone. If you happen to know how to set a preview image, please send me a PM so I can have that ready to go by Saturday.
COMMISSIONS ARE STILL OPEN.
The rules are pricing are as follows.
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Payment accepted through Paypal only (paid as gift, to the e-mail above)
- Payment in USD
- I expect payment first. If you order a commission, you will receive it, so no need to worry.
- Special styles may be negotiated, though an additional cost may be added
- The base price includes one character. There are charges for: additional characters, backgrounds, and large sizes.
- A large size is a large desktop sizes or beyond, and requires additional care to minor details.
- Prices will vary for some situations. If you’re looking for something like icons, animations, comics, you’ll get personalized prices.
- short animations, comics, you’ll get personalized prices.
- NSFW commissions will not be accepted.
- OCs are welcome! Please include references of your OC(s).